Monday, March 31, 2008

I feel that having a mentor can be very beneficial to an incoming teacher that is new. But I think that if each new teacher was paired up with a more experienced teacher already in the building would work out better. Teachers need to experience everything on their own; yes it will be hard, confusing, or stressful, but that is how all of the other teachers learned. By having a teacher in the building be a mentor, the new teacher can go to that teacher before school, during breaks, and after school and ask any questions and tell them about any situations or problems. Then the new teachers can get that mentor's opinion and resolution of what she should do next time. But having a teacher in the room while you teach would be very uncomfortable for me. I rather experience it myself during that time, and go for advice when I get a chance.

No comments: